Monday, October 13, 2008

Blogger Bandwagon


How can I tell if my information exchange skills are eSavvy or eObsolete? I’m referring to having the know-how with all the new technologies for faster, more succinct communication…or not. For the past few years I seemed to think that I was right on track with the rest of the techno-world, given that I was a “Texter”. I still like to roll my eyes at all those old-fashioned people who insist on using that archaic form of communication called “talking”-- well, at least when it is clearly inconvenient!


So how do you think I felt when I learned that the majority of my friends had graduated to the rank of “Blogger”? Here they are, talking and laughing amongst themselves about the latest entry that so-and-so had made about some adorably cute thing her 2 year old had said. And I’m thinking, “Huh? When did everybody jump on to
this bandwagon?” Had I been so busy texting (and trying to learn text lingo like IMHO and TTYL) that I let this new trend become a trend without me? It was a heavy blow.


But instead of immediately jumping up on this “Blogger Bandwagon”, I have anxiously stewed over such issues as, “Will my life be remotely interesting to other people?”, and “How am I going to make this cuter than everyone else’s if I don’t even have a clue what I’m doing?”. Therefore, alas, I am resigned. I am compelled to be humble. I never was really eSavvy (what do those e’s and i’s stand for anyway?). I’m probably just an average texter. And I won’t have the cutest, funniest blog in the world. But I must persevere. I must climb onto this bandwagon, no matter how lofty or bumpy the ride, so that I can be numbered among the elite society of “Bloggers”.

No comments: